Sunday 17 October 2010

Make your own stamps!

Hi, everyone - hope you are having a good Sunday
I wanted to show you a stamp I made. I have seen so many nice birdcage stamps around and thought I would have a go at making my own.
In the local pound shop I found a set of four rubbers - 2 big and 2 small - Perfect!
I drew out my design using a soft pencil and then turned it over on top of the rubber, rubbed and transferred the design onto it.
Cutting it out with a lino tool requires a little patience but I think this only took me about 20 minutes.
I stamped the birdcage and embossed it with a cosmic shimmer embossing powder.
To stamp the birds inside I cut a mask for the outside and stamped through this so none of the bird stamp shows outside the cage.



Thanks for visiting my blog

Jolanda

No comments:

Post a Comment