Sunday, 30 January 2011

male card

My way of heating it up was to heat emboss the stamping and make it really glossy!
and of course, the man is standing in hot rain too!
Thanks for looking
Jolanda x

Thursday, 27 January 2011

CCofC challenge #29

This week the challenge is to make something using the weathered wood grunge technique.
A few days ago I bought the wood effect embossing folder and just had to use it. The method for the technique is in Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities book.
I cut the swirly heart and 'rusted' it with Vintage Photo Distress embossing powder. The bird is inked with rusty hinge and tumbled glass distress ink. For a bit of glam, I painted the blue bits with Turquoise perfect pearls powder.
The bead is attached with gold wire and is curled underneath.
Hope you like it!
Thanks for looking
Jolanda x

Thursday, 20 January 2011

Candy Bar

I made this layout using the sketch from Ingeborg's Scrapbooking Competition - January sketch.
This is the best photo I could find of the candy bar before everyone dived in - it was very popular!
The little heart paperclip was cut from the cricut sampler cartridge. The flourish and sentiment were cut from 'straight from the nest' cartridge.
I am also entering this into Fantabulous Cricut - Sweet Shop challenge.
Thanks for looking
Jolanda x

Tuesday, 18 January 2011


Happy Tuesday everyone,
It has been a beautiful sunny day today; so nice after the grey days we've had :)
I have made this layout for
Scrappassion International - January challenge.

Thanks for looking

Jolanda x

Sunday, 16 January 2011

My place in the sun?

This is a layout I have made using a sketch from 'your place in the sun'. there is a link to it on my sidebar. This site is a year long course to make a mini 'house' album. Each month there will be a challenge to complete and I'm really excited about this. So this is my first entry.
The coloured band across the middle is painted with acrylic paint and so is the border. I made the border with my fairycut software. It was so simple, first I found a fleur de lis and copied and welded it together, next I welded a rectangle to the fleur de lises and cut it out. I put some black rhinestone on it to add a little bit of bling. I'm rather partial to bling these days! lol
Thanks for looking and have a nice day
Jolanda x

Friday, 14 January 2011

CCC #27

Distress Misting Masks is the technique covered in this week's Studio L3's CCC #27 challenge.
I started off making an oval tag using this technique, but then decided it wasn't enough and made it into a little card.
The flower mask under the lady's face was cut using 'straight from the nest' cricut cartridge and I used both parts as masks. I also masked the face to create the background.
I made the lattice card using Fairycut software and then cut it out. I'm very pleased with the result.

Last November, I won a Docrafts prize draw and received it the other day. It was full of oriental papers, stamps, card and stickers. Just in time to finish off this card. On the front the stamped and embossed flowers and the paper inside the card are part of my fantastic prize!
I am also entering this into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge - masking
Thanks for looking
Jolanda x

Saturday, 8 January 2011

Let's Get Shabby #19

I think this is one of the most minimal layouts I have ever done! Usually I pile on the papers and embellishments but I think this is definitely a case of less is more!!
First I sprayed antique linen distress ink mixed with water and some perfect pearls over an arched window stencil.
I printed off the music paper (a free download from Craft Stamper Magazine) and stamped and embossed gold swirls. The large flourish at the bottom of the photo was cut using my cricut machine.
Last December I won Fairycut software which is used with the cricut, but you don't need cartridges you can make your own designs. I used this software to make a rhinestone swirly template and used it with liquid pearls to make a design on the right hand side of the photo. (It looks very pretty but doesn't show up that well in the photo.
I am entering this layout into the Let's Get Shabby challenge - visit their blog - they have such beautiful and stunning designs.

rusted grunge tag

Happy Saturday everyone, I hope you had a good break and Happy New Year!
I made this tag using a Tim Holtz patchwork embossing folder for the background. I sprayed it with antique linen distress ink and then wiped over the raised areas with peeled paint distress ink and clear embossed that. I think it gives a nice shiny effect.
The flowers are coloured in with worn lipstick and barn door distress inks.
The cage was cut out using the cricut cartridge 'straight from the nest' and then I 'rusted grunged' it. the technique is to be found in Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities book. The little bird is cut from gold mirror board and shines beautifully, unfortunately I'm not too good at photography but I'm trying :)
I am entering this into the Studio L3 CCC26- rusted grunge and into the Saturday Challenge #116 tons of texture challenge.
Thanks to my new followers - I am always surprised and delighted when I look at my followers and see that the number has gone up :))))
Thanks for visiting
Jolanda x