Sunday 16 January 2011

My place in the sun?

This is a layout I have made using a sketch from 'your place in the sun'. there is a link to it on my sidebar. This site is a year long course to make a mini 'house' album. Each month there will be a challenge to complete and I'm really excited about this. So this is my first entry.
The coloured band across the middle is painted with acrylic paint and so is the border. I made the border with my fairycut software. It was so simple, first I found a fleur de lis and copied and welded it together, next I welded a rectangle to the fleur de lises and cut it out. I put some black rhinestone on it to add a little bit of bling. I'm rather partial to bling these days! lol
Thanks for looking and have a nice day
Jolanda x

6 comments:

  1. Very nice Yolanda...I love your red steps up to your front door. The front of your home looks cool, I love the wrought iron fence and balcony.
    Well done!!

    cheers
    shazza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Very pretty house. Love that wrought iron trim. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    My Journal
    http://sherriesjournal.blogspot.com/2011/01/mini-album.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a classical beauty - I adore these styles of houses. Great layout Yolanda - so pleased you are joining in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is beautiful! I love the wrought iron and I really like what you did with the fleur de lis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful home you live it! I love your LO showing us your lovely door, & that is a clever program for your fencing...looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The finished product was worth putting up with the scaffolding. It's amazing I love the metal work!

    ReplyDelete