Friday 18 February 2011

my place in the Sunshine - lesson 2

Its time for lesson 2 at Scrapbeginnings - this month outside your home should be documented. I decided to use 2 photos of the street outside the front and back of our house. I started out using one of the sketches given but by the time I had finished it had changed quite a lot - it sort of evolved as I went!!
I cut the lamppost with my cricut and black heat embossed it. I got the cutting file for this from Mima's Stomping Ground - she has some great stuff there. I stamped the background paper with Tea Dye Distress Ink.


Another part of the challenge is to make a mini album - this is my first page showing the hallway. I took a photo of the noticeboard - very important in our house!- all the important news is stuck on there as well as postcards from students who have stayed in our house. It's good to hear from them when they are back home in their own countries.
Thanks for visiting my blog
Jolanda x

3 comments:

  1. wauw love this cool details and lovely colors.
    byebye,lean

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both gorgeous. Your street layout has such an old world feel to it and your house page of the hall is wonderful - that noticeboard is fantastic. Got to get one of them !!

    ReplyDelete