Saturday 5 March 2011

Dimensional Collage Fragment technique


This week at Studio L3 the challenge is to use the Dimensional Collage Fragment technique as featured in Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities book. As I don't have any of these fragments I improvised with some very thick clear dimensional square stickers. I punched out some hearts from dictionary paper and back this with some pink oriental paper.
The tag is made from chipboard which I painted with white acrylic. then a layer of PVA and while it was wet another layer of white paint. This produced a nice crackle efffect when it dried. I inked this with Dusty concord distress ink.
I stamped the flowers and leaves and painted over them with acrylic paint. I can't paint leaves so I stamped over them with a Tim Holtz swirl and copper embossed it. I embossed the edges and finished off by attaching my three 'fragments'.
thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments :)

2 comments: