Friday 11 March 2011

your place in the sun - lesson 3

The third lesson is to research the history of your home or area where you live, so I took some old postcards and used copies of them for this layout. My house is just around the corner in the top postcard. I love these cards because the people look so elegant and well dressed - it's certainly very different today!


The background card was stamped with tea dye distress ink. The stamp is made by the English Stamp Company - it makes a nice wallpaper look! I brushed a little bit of watered down white paint over it to soften it.
Do you like my 'roses'? I'm quite pleased with them. I've seen tutorials for flowers where you twist fabric or ribbons and roll them in a spiral, so I thought I would try old dictionary paper and it worked quite well.
Why don't you pop over to your place in the sun and have a look - it's not too late to join in and it's really interesting scrapping about your home.


Thanks for looking and have a lovely weekend whatever you are doing
Jolanda x

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Jolanda and adore your postcards, such a great personal page. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page love the soft colors and those roses are gorgeous . I haven't tried twisted and rolled tech. but you have inspired me to try .
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice layout thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page - your embellishments are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page!! I especcially love the butterfly. How did you do that? with a pons (sorry don't know the englisch word for that) It's Great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this page so vintage and sweet soft colors.
    byebye<lean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful!!! Your roses turned out wonderful! I tried those with some scraps of fabric and mine didn't turn out as nice as yours did! Just love the overall vintage look to this page!

    ReplyDelete