Thursday, 31 May 2012

Male card with a bit of steampunk

I made this card by painting gesso onto a piece of old card and sponging green and blue paint over the top.
I bit of bubble wrap stamped on the top added a little texture.I stamped everything else with black archival ink.
The cogs are black embossed with blue ink rubbed over them - looks nice close up!.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thanks for visiting my blog

Jolanda x

Sunday, 27 May 2012

a little bit of Gingham

Just Magnolia are having a gingham challenge - I love gingham, it always seems so clean and fresh!
I didn't actually have any gingham paper to hand so I used a ruler and yellow promarker to make the lines.
Tilda has some clear stardust by sakura and looks so pretty (sadly I can't photograph it no matter how many positions I get in!)

Tilda with Tulips

I wanted this card to be feminine and pretty.
I cut the doily out of patterned paper using a doily die.  The flowers are stamped and coloured with promarkers with a little bit of glitter on.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Magnolia-licious - Inspiration Challenge
Dutch Dare Card Challenges - Sketch
Crafts and Me - Fabulous flowers
Delightful Challenges - Flowers
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Hip to be Square

Sugar Nellie challenge - anything goes

Wow! isn't the weather here gorgeous at the moment!
I've been sitting on my balcony eating icecream this afternoon.
I was inspired by a book cover for this card (Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater)
I embossed some branches in white and the hearts both red and white.  the flowers at the bottom are also made from the hearts.

The Gorjuss girl had a star in her hand but that was easily swapped for a heart.

I would like to enter this card in the Sugar Bowl - anything goes challenge.

Thanks for visiting

Jolanda x

Sunday, 20 May 2012

The Queen of Hearts Love Story?

 I've been looking at the Altered Alice challenge blog for a while now, but haven't entered until now.
They have an anything goes challenge which has made things a lot easier.
I started off with Alice and then found some German playing cards.  The queen looks so pretty, quite unlike the queen in Alice in Wonderland, maybe she was beautiful once and in love with the king, but something must have gone wrong for her to want to chop everyone's heads off!!!
 I won a crafty individuals stamp from craft stamper magazine and used this to stamp the background in red, which I embossed with holographic powder.  
The tiled floor is paper weaved or should that be woven?
The roses are stamped and coloured with promarkers.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thanks for looking

Jolanda x

I've been published!!

Hi everyone, hope you are having a great weekend.
It's the first time I have had anything published in a magazine!!! 
I made a tag for a 52 week challenge (sadly only got to week 5 and then gave up - maybe next year I will do better ) and sent it to Craft Stamper Magazine as I was inspired by a background tutorial in the magazine.

Thanks for following me and looking at my blog

Jolanda x

Sunday, 6 May 2012

Medals and Monarchs

 I saw the Sir Stampalot challenge earlier today and thought it would be good to get out my Tim Holtz stamps and make something a little bit royal - lions and crowns?
Yesterday I bought the French Pastry doily die so this was the perfect time to try it out.  I'm certainly very pleased with it and it just popped out of the die, but picking out all the bits was a bit tedious....
I wanted to create a kind of medal shape with it.
I think my favourite technique has to be heat embossing - I love the way the powder changes when heat is applied.  I used red tinsel for the lion and gold for the crown.
The wings are stamped and brushed with gold mica powder.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

cards for men challenge - Texture

Happy Sunday!
I made this grungy card for my husband's birthday.
The backgound silver card is embossed and then distressed with walnut stain and black soot DI's.
The centre panel was cut using a Tim Holtz movers and shapers die, onto this I stamped and embossed the frame.  The two little curly bits on the sides are an ornate cuttlebug die, I've had for ages.
I would like to enter this card into the Cards for Men challenge - Texture.

Thanks for looking

Jolanda x